True horsemanship is based on deep connection between the horse and human.
Our inner state is reflecting on our horses.To be a good partner and leader for my horse it starts with my autentic self. When I am present and open I am ready to connect. Love is the foundtation. Open your heart.

12. mai 2011

Taktur 20 years old

Today it is 20 years since this little wonderful Icelandic horse was born.
Countless times have I looked at him thinking that he most be the most beautiful horse in the world. I so much appreciate his beauty, wisdom, stubbornness, individuality, ability to love and loyalty to me even when I fail again and again.
He is still a healthy and happy horse. I am very grateful, and I hope he will stay like this for many, many years.

This day reminds me of the manifesto I wrote to Taktur some years ago:


Dear Taktur, my horse

• I am your guide in the world of humans and I feel obliged to take care of your needs as long as you live
• I know you are free and that no one can ever own you
• I wish to give you the space you need, so that you can show me your needs and limits
• I intend to present you my limits in a precise and gentle way
• I wish to see you evolve so that you can continue to give the world your gifts
• I will support you. I will show you and the world how beautiful and wise you are
• I will clearly show you how grateful I am for everything you are, and for every second you bring me closer to reality and love

I love You

This is some moments from his birthday celebration:



Film by Gitte Flemming

2 kommentarer:

  1. Happy birthday for Your lovely horse!
    My girl is 23 and very fit

    SvarSlett
  2. Happy birthday! Have been reading your blog and admiring you and Taktur for some while now. My oldest horse just turned 4 (youngest 1), so we are at the beginning of our journey and it is very inspiring to read what is possible when horses and humans work together in cooperation, harmony and freedom. (:

    SvarSlett

Related Posts with Thumbnails