True horsemanship is based on deep connection between the horse and human.
Our inner state is reflecting on our horses.To be a good partner and leader for my horse it starts with my autentic self. When I am present and open I am ready to connect. Love is the foundtation. Open your heart.

25. juni 2010

Make the horse feel like a sucsess

When the lesson is done, how does your horse feel?
As most of riders have learned, positive feedback is very important for the horse`s motivation. I always praise my horse and feel proud of his attempt to do his very best when we are riding together.
But the way we are feeling is also absolutely crucial to the horse experience. I have learned from my horse that even if I praise him with all my heart for his effort, he is not really happy with the day`s work if I don`t own that feeling too. It means that I have to feel proud of myself, content with my part of the riding. And we can not camoulfage our feelings from the horse.

So if you want your horse to feel like a succsess - you must feel like a sucsess to! What a wonderful challenge.

Christine Mortensen and Fathia
This is my friend Christine on her lovely Arabian mare, Fathia, attending a dressage clinic with Dave Thind in Arendal this month. We were lucky to ride with a trainer that combines the focus from the classical training scale with the feeling within. We where all amazed by the process and the results when he took the time to let her work with her inner state as she was riding the lesson. Just beautiful.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Elise, I just gave a clinic yesterday all about "State" and self talk and that being in a state of Awareness first and gratitude second are the two most important things you can do to relate to yourself and then your horse. Once you are there look for the slightest opportunity to say yes at the lightest feel of what you have suggested.

    I see that you are experiencing the same natural laws as I where you are right now. Can you "Feel the connection"

    SvarSlett
  2. Thank you for the wonderful reminder, that I must give myself as much room for satisfaction and pleasure in the ride as I do my horse. Beautiful. So true.

    SvarSlett

Related Posts with Thumbnails